For Pumpkin Pie:
· 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
· 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 12 oz. evaporated milk
· 1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
· 1/4 cup maple syrup
· 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
· 1 9-inch deep-dish frozen pie crust, thawed
Maple Crumb Topping:
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
· 6 Tbsp. cold butter
· 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
· 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk,
brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well, and pour into thawed crust.
Place pumpkin pie on a baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes. While your pie is baking, make the crumb topping:
Combine flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon, mix until mixture becomes crumbly.
Do not overmix, or the mixture will turn into a dough. You just want chunks of crumbly goodness.
Remove pumpkin pie from oven. Sprinkle crumb topping over pie. Drizzle with maple syrup.
Bake another 35-40 minutes, until crust and crumb topping are golden brown. Let pumpkin pie cool completely before cutting.
Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.